It’s easy for the mainstream media to be dismissive of President Trump’s charge that Obama wiretapped him. After all, they never do let the facts get in the way of their agenda.
The problem here is that there’s ample evidence of Obama wiretapping AT LEAST 12 other US government and international officials.
This list was provided in a February 23 information dump by WikiLeaks:
- The US National Security Agency bugged a private climate change strategy meeting; between UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin;
- Obama bugged Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for long term interception targeting his Swiss phone;
- Obama singled out the Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human, and targeted his Swiss phone for long term interception;
- Obama stole sensitive Italian diplomatic cables detailing how Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored Italy’s Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to help patch up his relationship with US President Barack Obama, who was refusing to talk to Netanyahu;
- Obama intercepted top EU and Japanese trade ministers discussing their secret strategy and red lines to stop the US “extort[ing]” them at the WTO Doha arounds (the talks subsequently collapsed);
- Obama explicitly targeted five other top EU economic officials for long term interception, including their French, Austrian and Belgium phone numbers;
- Obama explicitly targeted the phones of Italy’s ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; and
- Obama intercepted details of a critical private meeting between then French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Merkel and Berlusconi, where the latter was told the Italian banking system was ready to “pop like a cork”.
Several of those incidents included more than one victim of Obama’s wiretapping.
So, still think it’s unreasonable for Trump to accuse Obama of tapping Trump Tower?